Al Nye the Lawyer Guy – Book Reviews and More
Al Nye has started a new legal weblog with the catchy title “Al Nye the Lawyer Guy”, which Al writes is the first blawg by a lawyer in Maine. (The Law Pundit’s own fond memory of Maine is the best lobster ever eaten and some superb rounds of golf in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, on the Maine border, a border which involves a nice legal issue, still unresolved.)
Nye writes that the blog is “mostly law and technology related items — plus a whole lot more, including book and software reviews” and he includes the special categories of Books, Current Affairs, Sports, Weblogs and Web/Tech.
Nye’s blog stands out for the already numerous book reviews on his site, which are not limited to law alone.
We thought we would list those books already reviewed, even though the blog only started this October. As Al writes:
“If you look at the sidebar, you’ll notice lots of books that I’ve reviewed. Some of them are a year or two old now — but since the book industry published about a gazillion books each year, there may be some gems that you missed.
I’ll be publishing reviews of more recent books in the coming days and weeks — including The Shadow of Justice by Milton Hirsch, a lawyer in Miami. This is the first work of fiction ever published by the American Bar Association.”
1. SUPREME COURT AND APPELLATE ADVOCACY by David C. Frederick (ABA)
2. THE LAWYER’S GUIDE TO MARKETING ON THE INTERNET, 2nd ed. by Gregory H. Siskind, Deborah McMurray and Richard P. Klau (West Group)
3. COLLECTING YOUR FEE – Getting Paid from Intake to Invoice by Edward Poll (ABA)
4. Attorney and Law Firm Guide to THE BUSINESS OF LAW, 2nd by Edward Poll (ABA)
5. HOW TO START & BUILD A LAW PRACTICE Platinum 5th Edition by Jay G. Foonberg (ABA)
6. THE DIVORCE TRIAL MANUAL by Lynne Z. Gold-Bikin and Stephen Kolodny (ABA)
7. UP COUNTRY by Nelson Demille (Warner Books)
8. THE KING OF TORTS by John Grisham (Doubleday)
9. BAD MEN by John Connolly (Atria Books)
10. ERAGON Inheritance Book One by Christopher Paolini (Alfred A. Knopf)
11. THE RULE OF LAWYERS How The New Litigation Elite Threatens America’s Rule of Law
by Walter K. Olson (St. Martin’s Press)
12. LINCOLN’S VIRTURES An Ethical Biography by William Lee Miller (Alfred A. Knopf)
13. PRETTY DEAD by Gerry Boyle (Berkley Publishing Group)
14. HOME BODY by Gerry Boyle (Berkley Publishing Group)
15. MISSION FLATS by William Landay (Delacourt Press)
16. REVERSIBLE ERRORS by Scott Turow (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
17. DEAD LINE by Brian McGrory (Atria Books)
18. PARANOIA by Joseph Finder (St. Martin’s Press)
19. TAMPA BURN by Randy Wayne White (G. P. Putnam’s Sons)
Cross-posted to LiteraryPundit.